Sony Pictures .
We’ve written a lot about Sony’s upcoming remake of Total Recall, and I’m excited to see their new version once it hits theaters in August. Their viral campaign has included posters that give a quick snapshot at what it might look like to live your dreams of being an astronaut, a sports star, and more. But the campaign just took a big step forward and now you have the chance to live your own dreams and win some HUGE prizes, so check out all the details below.
By visiting WelcometoRekall.com, you can enter their sweepstakes and be put in the running to win the following amazing prizes, based on your choice: .
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN .
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora .
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL .
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies .
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer .
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall .
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex .
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft .
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences. .
Crazy, right? Plus, everyone who visits their official website will be eligible to connect their Facebook profiles and receive a cool personalized video based on your memory. (A sample video I saw was “secret agent” themed, and played out a story in which one of your friends is a double agent and you have to retrieve an important microchip.) It’s all very cool, and a perfect tie-in with the world created in Total Recall. If you live in New York or Los Angeles, or if you’re attending Comic-Con this year, they have even more cool stuff to experience, including live events at which you can choose your new Rekall memories and receive a photo-badge of yourself in your new fantasy environment. Check out WelcometoRekall.com for all of the details, and don’t miss Total Recall when it comes to theaters on August 3rd, 2012! .
Synopsis: Total Recall is an action thriller about reality and memory, inspired anew by the famous short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick. Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he’s got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) whom he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life – real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs. But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police – controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston) – there is no one Quaid can trust, except possibly a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) working for the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy). The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate. The film is directed by Len Wiseman. The screenplay is by Kurt Wimmer and Mark Bomback and the screen story is by Ronald Shusett & Dan O’Bannon and Jon Povill and Kurt Wimmer. The producers are Neal H. Moritz and Toby Jaffe.